Psychiatrist Needed In Central California Comes with Generous Sign-On
Omni Family Health
4900 California Ave. Suite 400B
Bakersfield, CA 93309
SUMMARY: Under clear directive from the Director of Behavioral Health and Chief Clinical Services Officer, a psychiatrist is responsible for the psychiatric, diagnostic, and therapeutic services. Responsible for psychiatric services to an outpatient population of Omni Family Health (OFH).
1. Provide psychiatric, diagnostic, and therapeutic services to patients.
2. Conduct psychiatric examinations and evaluations.
3. Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapy.
4. Conducts individual and group psychotherapy.
5. Consults with psychologists, social workers, and others in community agencies regarding the psychiatric aspects of their work.
6. Confers with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
7. Appropriately maintains medical records and prepares reports.
8. Assist in establishing psychiatric programs and policies.
9. Other duties as required by the funding agencies to carry out contractual agreements and/or as established by the Omni Family Health, Management and Board of Directors.
a. Must become familiar with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices in a Community Health Center.
b. Become familiar with Federal and State Health Care program requirements and assist in carrying out these programs.
c. Assist in developing the healthcare plan and review of the program requirements, and recommend changes when necessary to carry out the health plan as required.
10. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Clinical Services Officer.
1. HIPAA Compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treat all member information confidential.
2. Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
3. QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute toward the overall performance improvement of the organization.
4. IT - Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI, and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to the work environment.
5. All employees will participate in the Patient Center Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduate from an accredited medical school.
2. Must have a valid California Practice License and DEA license.
3. Satisfactory completion of a four year residency training program in Psychiatry approved by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
4. Interest in designing and evaluating an efficient psychiatric care system in a community health center setting highly desirable.
5. Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
6. Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible to: Director of Behavioral Health/Chief Clinical Services Officer
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt position