Psychiatrist needed for Emergency TelePsychiatry Position
100 E 77th St
New York, NY 10065
Northwell Health Department of Behavioral Health seeks Board Certified/Board Eligible Telepsychiatrist to join our team in Manhattan, New York.
Telepsychiatry is a rapidly evolving, innovative approach to providing access to care. Using video conferencing technology, doctors can provide consultation and diagnostic services to patients anytime, anywhere. Already used extensively in research settings, telepsychiatry is a growing modality that can help providers bridge large distances and bring cutting-edge care to underserved populations.
Telepsychiatry ensures the emergency departments throughout our system will always be equipped to manage a patient in crisis who needs psychiatric care and support. Through the use of two-way audiovisual technology, a dedicated behavioral telehealth care manager and a telepsychiatrist are available 24/7 to assess and assist with care decisions for the patient, reducing wait times and improving the overall experience.
• Work 12-hr shifts on a state-of-the-art academic 24/7 Telehealth Service
• “Virtual” Emergency Psychiatry Service consulting to Adult & Pediatric Emergency Depts.
• Fully supported by dedicated Social Worker and clerical/technical staff
• Optimized workspace includes natural light, adjustable desks, and fitness equipment
• Only 12 shifts/month for full time, 6 shifts/month for part-time, includes overnights
• Academic appointment, teaching, and leadership opportunities
Benefits associated with employment at Northwell Health include (but are not limited to):
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Four weeks’ vacation plus paid conference/CME time & allowance
• College tuition reimbursement for dependent children
• Advanced educational opportunities (e.g. fully funded master’s degree programs) at Hofstra
University and at Northwell’s corporate university, the Center for
Learning and Innovation (CLI)
• Academic appointment commensurate with credentials and experience The Donald and
Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
• Must be BC/BE and licensed in NYS state
• Superior computer and EHR skills, Emergency Psychiatry experience prefer.
• Must be able to assess ED patients of all ages and work mix of days/overnights