Emergency Medicine Physician | Farmville, VA
Our Vision and Where You Fit In:
Centra values integrity, excellence, respect, and diversity. As we pursue our mission to improve the health and quality of life for the communities we serve, we want to make certain we consistently reflect each of these values in our service and interactions with our patients, their loved ones, and others. We continue to demonstrate excellence as our leapfrog scores and gains over the past two years are impressive! You will find our non-profit, provider-led health system to be an organization that encourages collaboration, new ideas, and success. Every employee has a “voice” here at Centra, and our “just cause” initiative ensures that each person will be heard.
Centra is a thriving healthcare system that is committed to providing great care while creating a warm, inviting environment for patients, family members, and caregivers. We are looking for board-certified (or board eligible) emergency physicians to join our wonderful team at Southside Community Hospital in Farmville, VA.
About Southside Community Hospital:
- 30K visits per year, 20 beds.
- 40 hours of physician staffing daily, 20 hours of APP coverage.
- 10-hour shifts
Physician Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive, transparent compensation that represents a mix of hourly and productivity pay.
- The average physician makes about $235/hr, not including CME, loan repayment, or other bonus pay.
- The average full-time physician makes over $404,000/yr not counting CME, loan repayment and other bonus pay.
- Differential pay for:
- Night shift: $30/hr
- Working as a nocturnist: $8.50/hr in addition to night shift differential. There are limited nocturnist slots available
- Working at multiple sites: up to $8.50/hr.
- Up to 120k in student loan repayment
- Up to $20K in relocation and sign-on bonus.
- Make up to $100 extra per hour to voluntarily cover critical scheduling shortages or callouts.
- Up to $7,500 CME allowance + 5 days for CME in addition to time off
- Centra is a not-for-profit health system; many of our docs are participating in the federal PSLF program.
- Short term disability, which includes maternity leave.
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes occurrence-based malpractice with tail coverage, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and more.
- Collegial, employed group with physician-heavy staffing model.
- All physicians in the group have an equitable standing from day one: no seniority for scheduling requests or opaque pay structures.
- Well-supported, months-long orientation period with limited nights and no solo site coverage.
- Active nocturnist program, which decreases the night load for everyone.
- Nocturnists get to make their own schedule.
- Option to sign on for days/evenings only (no night shifts ever).
- No scheduled call.
- Variety of work settings, from busy cross-covered community trauma center to single-coverage free-standing ER.
- Guaranteed requests off work up to 10 days per month.
- Alternate between working Christmas and Thanksgiving. You are guaranteed 5 days off surrounding your “off holiday”.
- Teaching/Student options, but not required.
- Reasonable patient load of 1.7 -2.2 patients per hour.
- Low cost of living (17% below national average), mild climate, and located near abundant outdoor, recreational, cultural and educational opportunities.
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in Emergency Medicine.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
About Centra Medical Group and Community:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace.
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.
The Farmville community offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities, arts and entertainment opportunities and a unique shopping venue in the historic downtown district. A charming, collegiate atmosphere is what you will find here! Home to Longwood University and Hampden-Sydney College, Farmville is an easy drive to metropolitan areas including Lynchburg, Richmond, Charlottesville and Washington, DC and less than an hours drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains and a mornings drive to the coast!
Check out some of our top attractions in the area and visit next time you are here!
Peaks of Otter
Smith Mountain Lake
James River Adventures
Academy of the Arts
EOE statement Centra : Our care givers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment.
When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra.